Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dublin

June 3-6, 2010


To tell you the truth, I don't know where to start. I've been here for 2 weeks and I've seen a lot so far so for me to remember all the tiny details would be impossible. Little by little I will catch up to present day, but for now this is all I can do. We started off with our plane flight from Chicago O'Hare to Dublin. The way there wasn't too bad but I couldn't sleep. We left June 3rd, arrived June 4th in the morning. We took a bus to our hostel, which happened to be located right outside of Dublin's Temple Bar area. The Temple Bar is Dublin's like biggest touristy area but there are a lot of locals who go to these bars. Jamie would be able to talk more about it.

Well we arrived early and couldn't check in so we dropped off our bags and decided to walk around Dublin. We quickly found out that Dublin was unlike anything we've ever seen. It really isn't explainable. It's something you can only see for yourself. The architecture was beautiful. There's pretty much no parking anywhere. I'd say about 75% of the cars on the street were taxis. I can't really tell you much about Dublin though because we didn't take any tours. Well, we took a tour of the Guinness Brewery which was really cool. They have a glass room at the top with a bar that you can see a lot of Dublin from. After that, we went to a small Irish pub for lunch, then back to the hostel for a much needed nap.

The next day we went up to Hoath, which was just gorgeous. There's hiking trails that we walked and were able to see cliffs and the ocean. It was really cool. Like I said, you have to see it for yourself. We then came back, bought some dinner and took it inside of the Trinity campus to eat it. Trinity was definitely the most beautiful campus I've ever seen. The buildings, the stone walkways, everything was just beautiful.

The next day was pretty rainy so we weren't able to do much. We walked around and found a mall, but that's basically it. It was time to go to Barcelona so we got a taxi to the airport and were finally on our way to our new temporary home.

No comments:

Post a Comment